Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Street Photography

Street photographer, Ronya Balka, makes me want to go out play in the street with my camera. Her images are simply stunning.

I love her quote about street photography:

The wonderful thing about Street Photography is that every photo is a 'Limited Edition'. One shot is all you get: no rehearsals, no re-takes. The street is your blank canvas and the props you're working with are the unpredictable movements of complete strangers.

My main interest lies in depicting ordinary gestures by ordinary people in ordinary situations - candid moments that present themselves amidst the hustle and bustle of busy city life.

For me, nothing beats the feeling of being in the right place at the right time and capturing the briefest of all insights into someone else's world which stays with me in the form of a photograph long after our paths have crossed...

You can view her website: WEBSITE

Or her Flickr page: FLICKR





No comments: