Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Floating feelings.

Today's video find is not as amazing as the website it led me to. While you can take a look at the video, be aware that it is 20+minutes. I made it as far as perhaps 6 minutes before this guys website caught my attention and the more I played on the site, the less interested I was in watching the rest of the video. I have added the entire video at the end of this entry if you care to watch all of it. Perhaps I'll get back to it a bit later. (UPDATE: I watched the rest of the video and I would highly recommend it!!)

The REAL find is this guys website.

http://www.wefeelfine.org/


When you go there, click on "Open We Feel Fine".

What will open up, and will take some time to load, is a bunch of colored circles and squares floating around the new window. (It almost looks like one of the video games from my childhood.)


NOW, here is where it gets cool. This guy, Jonathan Harris, has created this program that searches the internet for the word "Feel" and compiles it into all sorts of data.

If you move your mouse over one of the colored specks, you will catch a glimpse into someone's life.

The circles are sentences:

I feel like I've really let myself go lately and my quiet time has become all but nonexistent. I talk to God. I think about God. I'm aware of God, but as far as reading the Bible, I'm struggling. I guess I'm asking for a renewed desire to read His truth

The squares are photos:


FYI, I did not search and search to find my two examples. These were the two that I clicked on as I was writing this entry.

It also tells you all sorts of other information, such as which are the saddest cities or the sickest. Gilbert, Arizona was listed as one of the sickest right now. I'm planning on keeping clear of anyone living there right now. Very interesting.

I'm going to go play. I want to go see how other people around the world are feeling right now. I'm kind of tired of dealing with my own feelings.

(I wonder if any of my blog will make it onto his site.)


No comments: