Monday, March 2, 2009

Loss brings a new beginning!

My number has been selected. I signed the paperwork yesterday and I am no longer a video director at SBC. I am now counted among the many, many Americans who have found themselves out of work.

I can't say this has come as a surprise to me. With the economy tanking and offering down, the writing was basically on the wall. It also didn't help that we had two video directors on staff and I was the "low man on the totem pole."

Things are going to be changing in my life over the next month. I am moving out of my apartment and into my brother and sis-n-law's Casita. That in itself should be an adventure; condensing my two bedroom apartment into one room the size of my current living room.

I am having to say good-bye to one of my kitties. Lilly has been with me since I moved into my apartment, but I'm going to have to find a home for her or take her to the shelter. Out of all of these changes, this is going to be the most difficult for me. So, if you know of anyone who wants a very independent cat who doesn't get along with other kitties, please let me know. Tazo the spazo kitty will be going with me to the casita.
















So, what am I going to be doing with my life??? That is a very good question. I don't know what the Lord has in store for me, but I'm very excited. I feel he has been preparing me for something but I don't know what it is.

I do have a project I'm trying to get off the ground and would very much appreciate your prayers. This is not a paying project, at least right now. I don't know what the final project is going to look like but my passion for it is growing with each person I tell.

Some background on it first.

I recently reconnected with a friend from high school. I had not been in communication with Michael since the end of my Sophomore year. He was one year behind me. Throughout the years he randomly came to my mind and I wanted to know what he was doing.

Michael and I reconnect twenty-seven years after our last communication. I found out that he went on to become a Navy SEAL and served in the Gulf War. I filled him in on my life journey and referred him here to see some of my work.

Upon seeing my photography he planted the idea about going to the VA hospitals and capturing images of the Vets and telling their stories. And so a seed was planted and it has grown into something with huge potential. I would ask for your prayer pertaining to this project.

Our veterans have stories that NEED to be told. Their experiences need to be conveyed to the next generation. Just as God gave us the Pentateuch to tell the Jewish people where they came from so they could understand where they were headed, we need to understand our history for the very same reason.

I also have some other things in the works, but nothing definite right now. I will keep you up-to-date.

In the meantime, if you or anyone you know, wants to have a portrait taken, please let me know. I would very my enjoy the opportunity to capture special family memories for you.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement I have already received. It means a great deal to me.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Kimberly,

My husband was let go from his job and today is actually his first day of not reporting to work. Like you, I also know that God has a plan and a purpose and I trust Him. Completely. To walk down this unknown road set before us is a very strange thing, but the Lord has been gentle and gracious with me and my husband. He is showing us things, just like He is showing you.

You are an amazingly, talented women with a heart for the Lord. I'm excited to see where He's taking you.

I'm praying for you.

Now how to break this news to the bamboo......

Shelley

Chris and Kelly said...

None better to tell those stories of the Vets than you! What a cool idea and awesome opportunity. Hope the doors open....WIDE!