Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A photographer's ramblings

I found this video on one of the blogs I follow and found it very moving. It really spoke to me, especially at this time in my life where I'm trying to shift my focus to my photography as a main source of income and a way for me to tell the stories that are near and dear to my heart.

If you know me, you know how I struggle with being able to view my photos objectively. Comparison always comes into my thoughts and looking at how someone else might have shot this particular scene.

Bottom line though is I love the photo that I take. I really do. I'm like a proud parent only my children are not the subjects in the images I pull out to show people, they are the images themselves that I birthed. My passion is to shoot. I am literally like a child when I bring the images back to look at them on the computer and begin to process them and tweak them to make the "pop" all the more.

The video is 10-minutes long, but if you have the time and want to "go deep", watch the entire thing. He brings my thoughts to life with his words.

No comments: