Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New contest. Seeking your votes.

Hi folks,

As you know, last week I lost my job as video director at SBC. I truly believe the Lord has plans to use me and the photography skills He has blessed me with.

I have entered another contest. This one, like the last one, starts out with people voting for a project idea. It then goes to judges to vote on, not only the idea, but the photographers skill. They do look at portfolios.

Here is my project idea:

A Child's Point of View

My heart for this project is to capture the simplicity of children at play worldwide.

Children worldwide learn about the world around them through play. However, in different countries and cultures, what a child plays with varies.

Children in first world countries are focusing on activities such as video games or spending time surfing the web while children in third world countries find as much joy in playing with a simple metal ring and a stick as the runs through the African bush.

I would like for the images to show the joys of childhood that can be found in the process of play and how this is one similarity that can be found worldwide, regardless of culture.

This voting process is much easier than the last. There is no registration required. All you need to do is go to the site and vote. AND, you can vote as many times as you like.

If you like the project proposal, please click on the link below, or on the badge to the left, and place your vote.



Thanks.

No comments: