Tuesday, March 24, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!

Okay, I'm not sure when this road trip is going to be taking place. I don't even really know where the road trip is going to lead me. I have some research to do. Here's the story.

My great grandma had her own photography studio in Missoula, Montana back around 1910. She was a pioneer in the photography field and took her camera with her on expeditions and family outings.

One of the outings, she captured an image she called "50-miles of the Rockies". I'm not sure where she was when she captured this image. I'm trying to contact my aunt to see if she knows a bit more about it. She did a lot of family history and I'm hoping she will know.

The last time I traveled was in January to Yosemite with the Aperture Nature Photography Workshop. By the time I'm able to hit the road to try to re-shoot my g-grandma's image it will be about six-months since that trip. That's about the time frame I seem to have before the itch to travel someplace become unbearable.

So, here is a copy of the original photo. You will need to click on the image to see it a bit larger.



No comments: