Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Thankfulness.

I wanted to try to find photos that showed what I am thankful for, but the more I looked for photos the more my heart found its way back to Africa. Writing the words bring tears to my eyes as it is. I can't tell you how many things I will have in my list, I'm going to write till I can't write anymore. Could be a lot, could be a few. Let's find out together.

First and foremost is the Trinity. God the Father, his Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. There are so many times when I give up on myself and really struggle to continue on. It does take a lot of effort for me to know that I cannot give up on myself till They do and that is NEVER going to happen, so I press on.

My shower, warm water, WATER. My last trip to Tanzania I stayed the majority of my time out in Mairowa. I think in the 10-days I was out there I bathed twice, once with warm water and the other cold. Even at that I did wash my hair almost every day, but we are so spoiled here in America. Water was also a premium in Liberia, but on the ship we had warm water even though our showers were limited to two minutes.

A bed.

A bedroom. It is such a luxery to have a separate room devoted to only sleeping. That is unheard of in most of the rest of the world.

Being able to cook without having to go gather wood.

Being able to cook without ruining my lungs because of the smoke created from the open campfire.

My health. Even though I have been sick for the past 2 1/2 months, I am so much better off than a lot of people in this world.

My car. When I returned from living overseas I had no car. Phoenix is not known for its public transportation. I struggled for the first 1 1/2 year back with no car of my own. Gosh, I just realized it was that long. I was able to borrow my parents cars when I absolutely needed a car, and for that I'm thankful

Easy communication. Having a phone, internet, computer.

Having a job. Not only in this economy, but at any time. God created us to work, that is why he commands us to have a day of rest.

Speaking of my job, I'm very thankful for my co-worker. I have told Bradley this many times in the past couple of months and I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I put him through a lot of C**P for the first 2 1/2 years of us working together. I treasure the friendship, not only with him, but with his wife and kids, that has been growing over the past 6-months.

My boss, Don. He is the best boss I have EVER had in my entire life. He is patient with me. Extremely creative. Down to earth. Gosh, this list in itself could go on and on.

Pastor Larry and Gina Anderson. Always so supportive of me and so many words of encouragement.

Pastor Jamie for his transperancy. A lesson I need to learn something terrible.

The Ross family. Gosh, another one I put through H**l, but turn into a great friendship.

I'm thankful for the creativity God has giving us. Not just me, but all of us. God is a creative God and since we are made in His image, we are all creative too.

My camera and all the equipment.

My friends in Tanzania: Elisha, Laveena, Anna, Isack, Megan, Daniel, and Dr. Mvunta. As well as all the folks at IMARA ministry.

The entire continent of Africa.

My cats.

My neighbor, Sharon. You are awesome. Other people have play dates with their children or dogs, we have play dates with our cats on our patio between our front doors.

My brother and sis-n-law and of course my nieces and nephew.

And, my mom and dad.

Okay, this could go on and on as I think of people who have shown me patience and love. If you don't see your name on this list, know that it is written in my heart and I am forever grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: