Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chihuly!!!

I went to the Chihuly exhibit last night at the Desert Botanical Gardens. I must say, I think I'm going to have to get a membership because I am definitely going back.

With the weather as overcast as it was yesterday, I was excited and apprehensive at the same time. I remember when I worked at the Phoenix Zoo how the rain would keep people away. But I was hoping that it was not going to be a downpour. It was beautiful.

Of course, in the morning I forgot to bring my umbrella. Before heading out, I had to go back home to pick it up and I'm happy I did.

I packed up my gear at the office but I ran out of space in my camera bag. I made due with a duffel bad to hold the additional items and went home to grab my umbrella. There on the door was a little post-it on my door from UPS.

When I went to the office to pick it up I had no idea what it was. I wasn't really expecting anything. There was a large box and I knew what it had to be. I opened it up to find my brand new camera bag that was one of the prizes from the competition.

This baby is a TRUE camera bag. Actually, it's a backpack. Not only that, it has a slide out bag to hold your camera body so when you are wearing it you can simply slide it around your waist. So cool!!!





















I unloaded all my gear from my makeshift back and loaded this baby up. So nice and comfortable.

I headed off to the Chihuly exhibit in style.

Here are some of the images I captured:

Chihuly_5842

Chihuly_5834

Chihuly_5826

Chihuly_5830

Chihuly_5825

Chihuly_5816

Chihuly_5786

Chihuly_5781

Chihuly_5774

Chihuly_5754

Chihuly_5749

1 comment:

tori said...

Very nice! I Loved going to that! it was sooo fun! I really like your pictures! they are aLL very pretty! :D

tori