Saturday, December 20, 2008

Old friends

Tonight was like old home week.

I went to shoot some photos of a band called "Win the Scene".  The lead singer, Zach,  and the bass player, Sam(antha) are the children of my former boss and friend from my time at Discover Card.  

I walked up behind Joanna just as she was about to take a photo of the kids and I questioned her framing.   She turned to see who was critiquing her photography skills.  It took her almost a full two seconds to realize who I was.  It was hysterical!

Now, mind you, it has been almost 16-years since we have worked together and in that time we have only seen each other once.  

It was a great time.  Her, her hubby and I chatted like no time had passed between us.  There are very few friendships in life like that.  

We talked about old times, most of which I could not recall, but then she brought up a scary memory; She remembered celebrating my 21st birthday with me.  Twenty-years ago!!!

I had an absolute blast tonight.

No comments: