Friday, December 12, 2008

Published again

I was chatting with Ali as the ship sailed out of Monrovia harbor and on its way to maintenance for the next couple of months. During this conversation I told her how amazing God is.

See, I had planned on trying to return to the ship this past July as long term staff. They found another videographer and selected her. I can't say I was crushed, but I was hurt and upset with how they handled it. VERY unprofessional!

Looking back, if I had gone to the ship I would not be doing the things I am doing right now with stills. I wouldn't have had the opportunity to take photos of foster children at camp this summer. Photos that, for some of them, are the only happy memories they will have during their childhood.

I would not have captured the winning lightning shot as I drove back from Williams after taking photos of our high school kids at their camp.

And I would not have had the opportunity to go on this one-on-one session with professional photographers in January.

The Lord has something happening in my life and it has to do with stills photography. I'm loving every moment of it.

I received word today that one of the photos I took at "Might Mud Mania" in August is going to be used on Schmap, and online map that has photos of events. Here's the link:

http://www.schmap.com

Ali also told me she is excited to see the images I bring back from Yosemite. All I could say to that is, "Me too!"

No comments: