Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Little House





















There are some stories that just stay with you into adulthood and "The Little House" is one of them. I remember reading it in elementary school. It's funny how images can bring those memories back like when you get a whiff of perfume that takes you back to a certain place in time or reminds you of a loved one long since passed on.

I have a site that always has some wacky stuff on it. Some of it is nonsense, but other things this author finds are true treasures. Such was the case this evening.

There was a referral to a person who does location scouting for movies in New York City.

Now, I have never been to NYC, have no desire to ever go to NYC, but I have to tell you, if I every find myself there, I will look more closely to the things around me because of this blog.

So, back the "The Little House" story. I found this post and it brought the entire story of this "little house" back into my mind and almost transported me back to the 4th grade.















Do you see it? Do you see the "little house?"
















How wonderful is that? Does your mind go through different possibilities as to how this skinny, little building survived progress?? Or was it built to fill in a void left after the buildings on either side of it were built??






















An image from the original book by the author and illustrator Virginia Lee Burton.

I love it when I find blogs like this. Take a peek if you know anything about NYC. Or I should say, THINK you know anything about NYC and its finds. It is definitely a blog I will be following!!

http://www.scoutingny.com

3 comments:

familygregg said...

This is one of my favorite books EVER! And, I loooooove New York. I am visiting this new site asap.
Thanks.

tori said...

Hey!
thanks soo much for talking to me tonight! that helped me a lot! (i've been really bored in the afternoons lately so this little challenge that you gave me will give me something to do!!) I'm really looking forward to taking pictures with my new TRIPOD!!!! :D im just not quite sure how to use it on the ground or how to set it up in the "right" areas...you know what im talking about?? I've seen sooo many photographers set all their stuff up in front of an object and just sit there for hours beyond end and wait around until the "right" timing....i guess i just dont get how that works??....

familygregg said...

kimberly: I am obsessed w/this n.y. blog!
tori: move that tripod around. Carry it.