Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A chat brings back memories

I have re-connected with friends all over the world via my computer and really enjoy being able to chat with them at the drop of a hat. I had one such chat today with a friend in Monrovia, Liberia.

Esther is a lovely woman I met this past February when I was in Liberia with Mercy Ships. She is from Ghana and is very strong woman. Don't get me started on her sense of humor. She is a crack up. I really miss her frankness and the way she is not afraid to talk about any subject.

After chatting with her, I wanted to look back on some of the photos I took while there. You have heard me talk about how difficult it was while I was there, but they are memories I will cherish a lifetime.

Here are a few of my favorites from that trip:

_MG_0424

_MG_0437
A long exposure of the harbor. I couldn't see the pillars when I took this photo.

_MG_0401
After running over to the Land Rover and posing for me, this boy simply walked away.

_MG_0343 as Smart Object-1
This is Ali, the gal I asked you to pray for last week. She is shooting up an abandoned stairwell at the Hotel Ducor.

_MG_0335
This is my friend Debra shooting down the very same stairwell.

_MG_0282
The book of Lamentations in the Hotel Ducor.

I just really like the following images at the Hotel Ducor:

_MG_0151

Hotel Ducor 027

_MG_0103 as Smart Object-1
Looking down from the top floors.

_MG_0087 as Smart Object-1

Hotel Ducor 013

Liberia 013

_MG_0440

_MG_0348

_MG_0243

_MG_0189

You read more about this trip by clicking HERE and reading my other blog.