Thursday, October 16, 2008

Memories of a different kind

On Tuesday nights a the PM worship leaders, Sean and Kim, meet with a small group of people to brainstorm ideas for the evening services. This past Tuesday we found that we were in need of a wedding gown. No one had one to lend or knew where to get one.

In my head, I struggled with this for a few minutes. I had one. One that had never been, and will probably never be used. It was one that had been hanging in my parents closes for the past 15-years.

My mother and I along with a lifelong friend had gone out searching for my gown for a wedding that I would call off a couple of weeks later.

So, a gown that had never seen the light of day now hangs in my office, waiting for it to be revealed. I don't want to tell how right now, but if you are at the Sunday evening service you will see.

The dress brought back a lot of memories. Good ones and difficult ones. I'm happy I broke off the engagement. The Lord has directed my path and had me do things for Him that I would have never been able to do had I married this man.


No comments: