Friday, October 17, 2008

So much good stuff

I fired up my other computer and found some more treasures. Some are stills from South Africa to right here at the Phoenix Zoo and down in Tombstone. I also found a couple of videos that I found humorous.

Let's start with the video's first.

This first one is from a couple of years ago. It is simply stunning. I'm trying to recall, but I think it took them over 70 times before they finally got this right. I can't watch it without thinking of the pressure the steady cam operator must have felt. Could you imagine everything going just as planned and him/her tripping or missing the shot and that was the one time they actually had all the parts work together like they should? Yikes.




The second one is from a competition in South Africa. See if you can figure out the twist before it is revealed.




The following are some of the photos I found.

South Africa:

South Africa 001
The lighthouse at Cape Agulhas, the southern most point of the continent of Africa.

South Africa 003
The sign.

South Africa 004
Me and Susanna at the very southern point of the continent of Africa.

South Africa 002
Susanna looking out at the fishing boats at Arniston, South Africa.

South Africa 005
An ostrich on the road to Arniston, South Africa.

South Africa 008
I love these mountains. This is going up and over the Du Toitskloof Pass instead of going through the boring Huguenot tunnel.

South Africa 007
A winery we stopped at. I found it interesting but still did not turn me on to drinking, or even trying the wine the produced.

South Africa 006


South Africa 009
Susanne greeting a "guard dog" at the winery in South Africa.

South Africa 010
Boulder's Beach, South Africa.

The Phoenix Zoo:

Phoenix Zoo 002
One of my last days working at the Phoenix Zoo's Monkey Village.

Phoenix Zoo 003
Behind the scenes at the Wallaby exhibit. Staff would go between working at Monkey Village, Orangutan and the Wallaby exhibits.

Phoenix Zoo 005
In front of the orangutans.

Phoenix Zoo 004
Kirk, the head squirrel monkey at the Phoenix Zoo's Monkey Village. He has since been moved to another zoo.

Phoenix Zoo 001
The tan I got when I worked at Monkey Village at the Phoenix Zoo. It took about 6-months for it to go away.


Tombstone:

Tombstone 001
I just love the face the horse is making for the photo.

.

No comments: