Saturday, January 17, 2009

A no go!!!

Steve drove me to the airport and got me there with plenty of time to spare. Things were going well until all the passengers were settled in their seats, the safety instructions had been given and the captain came on the loud speaker to greet us.

BUT THEN...

A couple of minutes later the captain came back on the loud speaker and told us there was a mechanical problem with the plane and there was no mechanic at the airport to fix it.

Luckily we were able to de-plane shortly and the gate agents tried to get us booked on other flights.

I knew there was no way I was going to make it back to Phoenix tonight. I could either fly to Salt Lake City and spend the night there or stay here in Oakland. I chose the latter.

I'm in a nice hotel room for the night on the dime of the airline and I get to work on editing more of my photos.

In all the years of my traveling overseas I have never had something like this happen. I think that is a pretty good track record. I'm actually enjoying myself.

So, while I have some more time to edit, I will try to post some more images for you to take a peek at.

5 comments:

Seven's Heaven said...

So amazing. Glad you can have this night and unwind and process a bit.

Have you ever dabbled with Canham cameras? Keith Canham is a family friend and I LOVE the old process with negatives. He builds his cameras and a makes a huge negative. EVery minUte detail shows. Just wondering.

familygregg said...

FUN! C U soon.

Kimberly said...

Susan,

No, I have never heard of Keith. I looked his website and it looks interesting. Thanks for all your encouraging words. I appreciate it!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly
When you say "edit" what do you mean... is that enhancing the colour, sharpness, airbrushing :-) type of photoshop stuff, or deleting photos which are not good etc.? Just wondering... edit seems to be a word widely used. I think your photos are very nice, so just wondering how much is mother natures pure beauty and how much is "added" or "taken away". Jonathan (our son) does a lot of photoshop stuff both with and without school, and it is amazing what you can do with that program... not a negative thing, just an observation from an interested mum who doesn't know much about it but admires what technology can do these days.
Bless ya and keep taking shots and posting them for our pleasure :-)
Cya
Kerstin

Kimberly said...

Kerstin,

Edit a still image can mean a variety of things. You can edit to remove imperfections, enhance color, correct capture errors such as exposure or color temperature, straighten an image or crop it to tighten the image on the main object of the photo.

In the photos from Yosemite, I used another form of editing which is to turn 5 separate images into a composite image called a HDR, High Dynamic Range. That allows more detail to be brought out of images.

Hope this helped. If not, let me know. Always happy to go deeper.