Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shooting, shooting, shooting

This morning was fantastic!!! I learned so much from Scott and Steve.

Last night, Scott challenged us to come up with a theme for our shooting today. I had chose "delicate". I had no idea what I was going to shoot that was "delicate". There are not flowers right now, so that made me work extra hard finding those special shots.

However, shortly into the day I kinda forgot about the theme I had selected and was shooting a lot of water and streams and snow and moss and anything else I could point my camera at.

It seemed like I had taken a ton of photos but when I looked at the count, I had shot less than 300 in the morning session. I was in shock when I saw that.

One of the more treacherous journeys we went on today was making the trek up to Bridalvale Falls. It was shear ice on the walk up there. Scott was so kind. He kept telling us that we should head back because he did not want us to get hurt. I was not going to miss this chance so I pressed on and so did everyone else.

I never made it to the falls though. I stopped right after the trail cleared of the ice and basically camped out at a stream while the rest of the group, Nikki, Steve, Scott and Lianna walked up to the falls.

I was shooting the stream that's created from the waterfall and got some good shots. I spent all my time there, getting different angles, trying different exposures and even getting down on my belly in the snow to get a different viewpoint. This was my second time laying on my stomach in the snow and it was not yet 9:30. My pants were wet and remained that way for most of the rest of the day.

We came back and had a quick meeting. In the meeting Steve talked a bit about his work and showed us the software program "Aperture". This is the same program we all won and will be learning more about tomorrow from him.

He has a tremendous heart for Africa as well and showed quite a few photos from his time in Lesotho. Lesotho is a small country that is surrounded by South Africa. As I watched his images I started crying and could not believe I was crying. I was missing Africa again and the images he captured were wonderful.

We headed out again after the meeting and I was not as happy with this shoot as I was with the morning shoot. I'm still in the process of editing the images so I don't really know what I captured.

But, for now, one of my images from the morning for you to enjoy.

I have enjoyed all the comments from people. You have encouraged me greatly.































































































8 comments:

familygregg said...

WOW!!!!!

whiessessa said...

beautiful!!
Joyce Page

Shelley said...

amazing!

I can't wait to see the next pic's.

Shelley C.

Sweden & beyond.. said...

Nice job K, I especially like the bug-eaten driftwood. Did you use a flash on that?

Sir W. said...

Gorgeous photos!

Seven's Heaven said...

I think God is smiling at you enjoying and trying to capture His handiwork. Which you are excelling at!!

Kimberly said...

Rob, no flash was used on the tree. That was shot at sunset and that was the natural color. I love it!!

Kimberly said...

Susan, you are such an encourager and always bring a smile to my face with your posts. Thanks!!!