Monday, September 1, 2008

Addicted! Oh the pressure.

On Friday night when I was plopped down in the parking lot at work, snapping photo after photo of the crosses I felt like a gambler. I just could NOT walk away.

"Okay, ten more shots and then I'm going back in to work." Mind you, it was 10:30 pm.

click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click,,,,

"I still haven't gotten that ONE big shot. I've only got one more shot before I told myself I would go back in."

click, click, click, click, click

I just could not stop taking photos. When I am shooting a video, I KNOW when I have gotten the shot that will work. There is just something that clicks inside that tells me there is no need to pursue any more takes.

I did not get that with any of the photos I had taken at the crosses. I knew the potential. If only the lightning would go where I wanted it to.

I think it was about 15 minutes later and countless photos that I captured the best lightning strike of the evening. Still not the ONE I wanted but the storm was passing I had a video deadline to meet prior to Wednesday immanent departure..

I'm addicted to taking photos!!! I'm not sure I want to join an anonymous group to help me get over this "problem". I love looking at the images I have captured.

I'm ADDICTED!!!

Okay, this is the part I don't feel comfortable with. If you have clicked on any of my photos in this blog, you will be directed to my flickr account. This is a community of people who share their photos.

It seems I am beginning to gather a following. I get notices that people have added themselves as one of my contacts. My images have touched them at some level. They want to follow my uploads and see other images I post.

Oh the pressure!!!

1 comment:

familygregg said...

Go with it, Sister! You never know who the Lord will place in your path for His purposes.