Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back home...

Room 1 at the Ilburo Safari Lodge.

Elijah and Elisha picked me up at the airport. No, not in a whirlwind, but a new vehicle. I was a nice ride from the airport to the lodge. First point of discussion was, of course, the presidential race.

Elijah and I were doing most of the talking while Elisha sat in the back and didn't contribute much to the conversation. When Elijah asked him why he wasn't talking, he said because he was listening to the two of us talk and it was just like a radio show.

It feels wonderful to be back on African soil once again. I truly cannot describe the feeling I get when I arrive back.

When I was standing in line at the immigration station I noticed something that had me amused. I was standing in the line with all the other forgieners and just as we are trained back in our first world culture, we give people their space. There was a natural break of about 6-feet between the person standing a with the officer and the next person in line. This was the case for 3 or the 4 windows open. The fourth one was for nationals and sure enough, they were right up on each other. No space needed there.

Power seems to be the issue this trip. Not with the lodge, but with my lack of adaptor. The one I brought seemed to have broke in transit. When I got it to working, I plugged in an American power strip and it promptly blew up. Smoke, flickering of the lights, fire! I have always used power strips and never had one blow up on me like that.

So, I'm off tomorrow to find an adaptor. My computer is running low on power right now, so this update is going to be short. I have some photos I'll add later.

I am getting a lot of hits on my blog and would like to invite people to leave comments for me. Espcially with me being in Africa. Comment about things like:

--- Do you have any questions you would like to know about Tanzania?
--- Would you like me to describe something to you??

Anything, please just let me know who is reading my meandering thoughts. Let's make this a bit of a two way conversation.

I'm going to be heading out to Mairowa tomorrow morning, so this is going to be the last entry until Sunday night. By then, I will have some GREAT, AWESOME, SPECTACULAR photos for you to look at.

Remember, please introduce yourself to me. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

No comments: