Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ligonier Ministries Conference Live Stream

I have known about a conference that is being held at church tomorrow and Saturday for several months. It never mattered to me what the conference was about because I knew I was going to be the main camera operator. It is not relevant to me what he/she is speaking about. What is relevant to me is keeping the speaker in frame.

Today was a flurry of activity around the campus. People everywhere. Bradley and I pretty much stayed back in our offices, but I did go out into the worship center and was there for a short meeting over the taping of the conference.

I have heard of two of the speakers John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul but I don't think I had ever listened to any of their teaching. That was until this evening.

I wanted to do some research to find out a little bit of what I would be filming tomorrow and let me tell you, I'm excited. I listened to some of the teaching from their website.

In our meeting today, I was told it should be a simple shoot and not too much movement. That is both good and bad. Bad because it can be a bit tedious if there is not much movement taking place, but good for the very same reason. If there is a lot of movement, then I can't focus on what is being said. I should be able to take in a lot of the teaching tomorrow and Saturday.

The conference is sold out. However, you can sign up and watch live on the internet for $5.00. Not a bad price. If you are interested, click HERE to be taken to the Ligonier Ministries website to sign up.

Not only will you get a great teaching, but the main camera will be operated by me!! :-)

1 comment:

familygregg said...

John MacArthur Jr. is one of my all time favorite modern day preachers....along with John Piper and Alistair Begg. You will be greatly blessed by this man. He is a truth teller.