Saturday, September 20, 2008

In Detroit... (LOTS of Photos)

and lovin' the fast internet!!!

I am sitting here waiting for my flight to Phoenix and jumped on the internet real quick. In about 15-minutes I have uploaded a lot of photos to my flickr account. Amazing!! It would have taken me several days to get all these photos uploaded if I were still in Tanzania.

Mairowa 8247
This is one of the water sources for Mairowa prior to the well being dug. This is a natural hot spring. The Masai still use this for their animals.

Mairowa 8281
Here is the man responsible for running the generator at this spring. It fills up two storage tanks and he is unplugging the pipe.

Mairowa 8282


Mairowa 8284
The road out to the spring reminded me a lot of my childhood. We got out there ok, but on the way back we got stuck. Luckily there was another road through this dry creek bed.

Mairowa 8362
Fred

Mairowa 8374
Mike, the CEO of IMARA Ministry.

Mairowa 8414
I wrote about this moment in an earlier post. This is Pastor Joseph break down in tears and Pastor Jamie prays for the men.

Mairowa 8419
Jamie talking to Pastor Joseph after the meeting.

Mairowa 8389
Jamie at the well. I like how the boy is mirroring him.

Mairowa 8387
A boy getting water at the well.

Mairowa 8395
The well.

Mairowa 8424
Kids in the village of Mairowa.

Gotta run for my flight.

No comments: