Monday, September 1, 2008

TIA...

This is Africa.

I'm frantically trying to get all the things done I need to before I head off to Tanzania for a little over two weeks. As a result, I haven't really been able to give my trip much thought.

However, last night as I fell into bed, exhausted from another 16-hour day, a memory came to mind of one of my trips last year.

We were driving down the road in Kenya. I looked at a vehicle coming towards us and squinted my eyes trying to make sense of what I was seeing.

The vehicle approaching us in the oncoming lane was traveling at a normal speed, which was quite amazing since the hood was up. But that was nothing compared to what I saw on the engine: a mechanic. Yes, there was a man sitting on the engine, working on it as the vehicle drove down the road at about 45-miles an hour.

I could not get my camera up fast enough to snap a photo of this site, but it lives in my memories just as if it happened yesterday.

What do you say when you see sites like this?

TIA, and I love it!!!

No comments: