Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm leavin' on a jet plane..

Okay, so unlike John Denver, I do know when I'm returning. Right now, I'm just trying to get there and not think about the flights back.

As I write this, I'm sitting in the Amsterdam airport. I always look forward to three things when I pass through here.

1. Ham and cheese croissant. Wonderful breakfast. Always warm and tasty. Mmmmmmmm.
2. Cheese baguette for the plane ride down to Africa. It is always so much better than the food on the plane!
3. Chocolate sprinkles. I actually pick this up on my return trip to America. It is a Dutch treat that you sprinkle on warm toast. A Dutch friend of mine got me hooked on the stuff when I lived in Sweden.

The first part of this trip was rough. I did not get to bed AT ALL the night before I left. I had a lot of work to finish up at the church and I still had to pack. So, before I even stepped on the plane, I had been up for 24-hours. And the night before I didn't sleep well either.

But the Lord is good. For the first time I was bumped up to first class. The amusing thing about that is that I slept through the experience! I was out like a light even before we took off. The last thing I remember is the hostess offering me juice in a real glass. Sleep was more important.

I slept through most of the second leg of the flight and feel quite refreshed right now as I am hanging out in the airport for 4-hours.

I just keep going over in my head the shots I'm going to be getting in a couple of days. I'm almost jumping out of my skin!!

Oh, one of the last times I was checking my email before leaving Phoenix, I found out that I had been accepted to a ministry called, "PhotoMission Inc." This is an organization of Christian photographer who provide other ministries with photos. That really made my day. I'll find out more when I return and I am actually in communication with them and start signing papers.

You can check out their website by clicking HERE.

So, that is a brief update about the boring nothing that has happened on the trip so far.

No comments: